Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Christmas Times: Every Girl For Herself (Part II)

THE CHRISTMAS TIMES

Knowledge is power.

And words are a double-edged sword.

No one can ever help you read. So, in my case, it's every girl for herself.

Therefore, I am constantly on a journey of broadening my horizons *waves flag triumphantly* and enriching my soul (by looking at Thomas Hardy's poetry, har har har...
This is a very bad joke. If anyone else other than me can even find any hilarity in its content...)

Other than the YA Books I've devoured, here's part of my didactic New Year's Resolution-- a short list of books that I plan to read through thoroughly with alacrity in the year of 2012 (when supposedly the apocalypse is to happen):

1. IQ84 by Haruki Murakami

2. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Brother ^o^)

3. Animal Farm by George Orwell (Telling a human "You're a pig" is a total insult; telling a pig "You're a human" is an insult too. Now who's winning?)

4. To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee (This shouldn't be hard, it's compulsive reading for Sec 2s)

5. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (I love Anthony Hopkins.)


Hmm... I think that's all I can conjure at the moment. I will make additions to this list as time passes.

All the best & more,
Sel xoxo

2 comments:

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...