Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Campaign: Once Upon A Time Series (Retellings of Fairytales)

ONCE UPON A TIME series


I grew up with fairytales and when others outgrown them, I stayed where I was.

With fairytales come a sense of magical narration, kind heroines, true love and happily-ever-afters. This was what made me keep these ancient fables close to heart. I can never handle tragedies and love triangles, tragedies make me cry and love triangles simply just annoy and complicate a good pure romance.

But, of course, my huge and heavy book of Disney fairytales eventually got placed on the shelves and it stayed there for a very very long time. And as I ventured into the world of paranormal fantasy, the fairytales sang a faded tune and was stored at the corner of my mind.

There was no doubt to the joy and surprise when I found my favourite tales retold in a more mature writing style, with teenage heroines and more complex storylines, and all in a series some more! 

Thank you Simon & Schuster (publisher) for giving the youths who yearn for the simple happiness of fairytales a delectable cure!

Starting from now, I will start my blog's first CAMPAIGN. For the next week or so, I will post reviews for my favourite novels in the Once Upon A Time series, with my  wistful and nostalgic sentiments. I do hope that you will be enchanted by these wondrous novels that accompanied me for two years. Here they are:

  • The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn (A Retelling of Rumpelstiltskin, published June 2008)
  • Water Song by Suzanne Weyn (A Retelling of The Frog Prince, published October 2006)
  • Before Midnight by Cameron Dokey (A Retelling of Cinderella, published March 2007)
  • Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey (A Retelling of the Ballad of Mulan, published February, 2009)
  • The Diamond Secret by Suzanne Weyn (A Retelling of Anastasia, published June 2, 2009)
  • The Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey (A Retelling of The Arabian Nights, published September 2002)
  • Spirited by Nancy Holder (A Retelling of Last of the Mohicans and Beauty and the Beast, published November 2004)
  • Golden by Cameron Dokey (A Retelling of Rapunzel, published February 2006)



 





















Stay tuned!

xoxo,
Sel :)


13 comments:

  1. I love what you've do with the place. I'll definitely be bookmarking your wonderful blog. And I hope that one day soon, you can review my novel here when it comes out. Best wishes on your writing. You can do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice site you have over here. Your reviews are also neatly done. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Get Connected Tuesday Blog Hop. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You did a great job for starting the Hop!

      Delete
  3. I’m another lover of fairytales so I am really looking forward to reading your reviews. I love the look of your blog and the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This means a lot since I spent quite long on both! Drop by often!

      Delete
  4. Thanks loads you guys!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you , Love triangles stink :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love you site. Those books sounds sweet.

    Just followed!

    Check out my blog at:
    http://readingbykindlefire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Iam a new follower, nice site, some good books there I will have to add to my TBR list :) thanks for sharing!!!
    I have a site as well if you'd like to visit,
    http://booksfromthepurplejellybeanchair.blogspot.com, my email is nataliejhillier@yahoo.ca if you ever need anything. :)

    Natalie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I love your site! These books sounds great, I think I might have to give them a try (:

    I'm a new follower.
    my blogs http://tabithabookblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you to all of you! Happy New Year in advance!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...